Xavier University student dies after electrical shock in water at Put-in-Bay


PUT-IN-BAY, Ohio — A 19-year-old Xavier University student died Friday after being shocked by an electric current in the water near his family’s boat at Put-in-Bay.

According to the Ohio Department of Natural Resources, Evan Currie’s family docked their boat — a 33-foot Sea Ray Sundancer — at Miller Marina around 6:30 p.m. and plugged the shore power into the boat.

A short time later, the dog fell into the water and began to struggle. The father, Jeffrey Currie, jumped into the water and began to struggle as well.

The two sons then jumped in to help.

The mother was still on board as bystanders instructed her to unplug the shore power. As soon as she unplugged, the electrical current in the water stopped. Everyone got back on board, but Evan was unresponsive…



Read the full article from the Source…

Leave a Reply